- Create a new WordPress page:
- Take note of the numeric page ID.
- Change the template type to “NichePress DPS”.
- Set the permalink to reflect your primary search phrase (shorter the better).
- Publish the page.
- On the Directories Dashboard, define the directory you are creating:
- Add the new directory name, page ID, and permalink slug (as the Home Stub) to the next available directory slot.
- Choose names for the state slug, city/county slug, and listing slug.
- Choose the directory type (1=county, 2=state, 3=city).
- Click Update to save.
- Once you have defined your directory, a “Create Directory” link will appear. Click the link to create a basic set of templates for your new directory.
You are now ready to set the global options for your directory, edit your templates, and import listing data.